PEOPLE! I have found a reason to never go out to brunch again – and I love brunch. However, no restaurant is ever going to have the delicious, incredible masterpiece of amazing gluten-free sweet potato hash browns I made today. And I don’t want to give them up!
I woke up this morning with a hankering for sweet potato hash browns. Where this came from, I do not know. Since I slept through my brunch plans (whoops!), I decided that they would become today’s undertaking. I checked out some recipes on Pinterest (here and here) to see how difficult they would be to make and they seemed super easy. Noting the lack of garlic and diced onions in the recipes I found (and the addition of Greek yogurt?), I decided I would make up my own recipe (shocker).
They’re super easy to make, and super delicious. Here’s what you need:
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour (to bind the ingredients – I used Bob’s Red Mill Biscuit and Baking Mix so I wouldn’t need any xantham gum)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt (to your preference. I used French Fry Seasoning instead!)
- pepper (to your preference)
- olive oil